Each year EMSA delegates meet at the "National Coordinators& Enthusiasts Meeting" (NCM) in the spring and the “General Assembly in the fall.
EMSA General Assembly (GA)
The General Assembly is the decision making body of the association. It possesses all the powers vested in it by law and the present statutes.
The General Assembly is the only body to decide upon:
- all modifications of the present statutes and/or the Internal Rules of the association
- exclusion, suspension and readmittance of members
- dissolution of the association.
- election of the members of the European Board.
- suspension, removal or reinstatement of the members of the EMSA European Board.
- approval of the budgets and accounts of the members and associate members
- fixation of the amounts of the membership fees
- others items as defined in the Internal Rules
The General Assembly has to meet at least once a year, in principle in September or October.
During the GA following activities are held:
||Plenary sessions: All EMSA decisions are made by the General Assembly during plenary sessions.
||Twinning Project Market: The Twinning Project Market is held on a ‘square’ that every FMO being represented in the GA can share and present their information for the future twinning Project planning.
||Pillar Sessions: Pillar sessions are hosted by the Pillar Directors. The aim of these sessions is to inform enthusiasts about current EMSA's projects.
||Training: Trainings are delivered by the trainers on the topics such as leadership, time management, team building, motivation, emotional intelligence, fundraising, marketing, conflict management, communication skills, online communication, rhetoric, presentation skills…
- 1991: 1st General Assembly - Brussels (Belgium)
- 1992: 2nd General Assembly - Barcelona (Spain)
- 1993: 3rd General Assembly - Prague (Czech Republic)
- 1994: 4th General Assembly - Constanţa (Romania)
- 1995: 5th General Assembly - Hamburg (Germany)
- 1996: 6th General Assembly - Heraklion (Greece)
- 1997: 7th General Assembly - Antalya (Turkey)
- 1998: 8th General Assembly & 1st EMSCON - Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 1999: 9th General Assembly & 2nd EMSCON - Lublin (Poland)
- 2000: 10th General Assembly & 3rd EMSCON - Tbilisi (Georgia)
- 2001: Extraordinary GA during NCM - Porto (Portugal)
- 2001: 11th General Assembly & 4th EMSCON - Heidelberg (Germany)
- 2002: 12th General Assembly & 5th EMSCON - Jena (Germany)
- 2003: 13th General Assembly & 6th EMSCON - Lublin (Poland)
- 2004: Extraordinary GA during NCM - Groningen (The Netherlands)
- 2004: 14th General Assembly & 7th EMSCON - Thessaloniki (Greece)
- 2005: 15th General Assembly & 8th EMSCON - Vienna (Austria)
- 2006: Extraordinary GA during NCM - Antwerp (Belgium)
- 2006: 16th General Assembly & 9th EMSCON - Pécs (Hungary)
- 2007: Extraordinary GA during NCM - Sombor (Serbia)
- 2007: 17th General Assembly & 10th EMSCON - Ankara (Turkey)
- 2008 :18th General Assembly &11th EMSCON –Warsaw(Poland)
- 2009: 19 th General Assembly &12th EMSCON – Heidelberg(Germany)
- 2010: 20 th General Seembly & 13th EMSCON – Athens (Greece)
- 2011: 21st General Assembly & 14th EMSON – Leiden (The Netherlands)
The National Coordinators’ and Enthusiasts’ Meeting (NCM)
NCM usually takes place in early spring. During the meeting workshops are held to update the participants on European issues, the pillar projects and latest actions. In addition, the participants are also offered qualified trainings to improve their skills and, when back at the home faculty, transfer their knowledge and skills to the students at their home faculty or initiate a new project. Moreover Twinning Project Market, pillar sessions and general sessions are held just like they are in the GA.
NCM has a great importance since the participants are usually newly starting to be active in EMSA. It is a great platform for promotion of the events and projects, creating new ideas and gaining enthusiastic new members for EMSA.